Bronx Aggravated DWI Lawyer
Trusted Counsel & Aggressive Advocacy. Call (646) 759-9233 Now!
If you’ve been accused of aggravated DWI, you must act fast and retain the skilled Bronx attorney at our firm to represent you. The reason you must take action immediately following your arrest is because every minute counts: The longer you endure your aggravated DWI case alone, the longer the prosecution has to build their case against you. For an offense of this nature, do not wait.
Contact The Law Offices of Elliot S. Kay at (646) 759-9233 for your free consultation!
When you hire our firm to aggressively defend your freedom, you can rely on us to thoroughly explain your rights and give you an honest portrayal of your legal options. For each client, we strive to provide unique solutions to better combat their accusations because we understand the value of devising personalized rather than general strategies for serious cases like aggravated DWI. We’ve successfully defended thousands of clients, making us confident in our ability to represent your aggravated DWI case.
What Is Aggravated DWI?
A DWI, or driving while intoxicated, occurs when a driver operates their vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 or higher. In contrast, aggravated DWI means a driver was operating their vehicle with a BAC of 0.18 or higher, which is over double the legal limit.
While a DWI charge alone is serious enough, aggravated DWI is penalized more severely because of the substantially higher BAC level involved. The law views such offenders as people who were extra careless behind the wheel and does everything in its power to put the accused behind bars as a result. To combat these efforts, our aggravated DWI lawyer will analyze possible strategies for getting your charge reduced or dismissed so you can move forward with your life.
Penalties for Aggravated DWI
You may suffer penalties such as license suspension or revocation, high fines and jail time.
- First offense: $1,000 to $2,500 fine, up to 1 year in jail and license revocation for at least 1 year.
- Second offense: $1,000 to $5,000 fine, up to 4 years in jail and license revocation for at least 18 months.
- Third offense: $2,000 to $10,000 fine, up to 7 years in jail and license revocation for at least 18 months.
Besides jail time and heavy fines, the loss of your license could cause unimaginable damage to your livelihood. Without a license, you essentially lose your freedom to drive anywhere, including work and school. The inability to drive to work could result in unemployment and loss of income. If you have children, you will have a very difficult time tending to their daily needs, meaning they could suffer, too.
Don’t let this happen to you. You need our Bronx aggravated DWI defense lawyer to utilize his extensive experience in the criminal justice system to work in your favor. We obtain a successful track record of winning cases like yours and will exhaust every resource and insight needed to better help you achieve the same. Contact us online or call (646) 759-9233 for your free consultation today!
Proven Bronx Aggravated DWI Lawyer Defending Your Charges
There are several defenses we can use in your case, each of which can encompass tailored strategies specific to your situation to best attain a favorable outcome. The following includes potential defense strategies we may use on our behalf:
- Improper stop: The officer lacked probable cause to pull you over.
- Improper administration of BAC test: The officer did not conduct the blood, breath and/or urine test properly or lawfully. This could cause skewed test results of your blood alcohol content.
- Improper administration of field sobriety test: The officer did not conduct the walk-and-turn, one-leg stand and horizontal gaze nystagmus tests properly or lawfully. This could cause skewed test results.
- Police misconduct: The officer violated the mandated procedures required following a traffic stop. This may include voluntary manipulation of the investigation as well as failure to state your Miranda Rights.
- Faulty BAC instruments: We can investigate the blood and breath test equipment used to see if they were broken or flawed in any way.
- Rising blood: Your BAC rose to a higher level when the tests were administered, but was at the legal limit at the time you were driving.
- Necessity: You had no choice but to get behind the wheel to prevent something worse than your alleged offense from happening. An example could be that you needed to get home because one of your family members was in immediate danger.
Regardless of your circumstances, our DWI attorney is prepared to advocate tirelessly on your behalf. We believe that your accusation shouldn’t ruin your livelihood for months or even years and will do everything it takes to protect you from painful consequences.
We offer a free, confidential consultation! Schedule your appointment online or by calling (646) 759-9233!